Suzy one of our bird whisperers has amazing insider secrets to taming birds to sit on your finger and not bite.
1. Be patient and spend lots of time with the bird
2. Feed it its favorite food. for lorikeets it is apple
3. when it goes for your finger do not pull back it will sense your fear.
4.start them young. babies just out of the breeding box are great.
5.They will be wild at first -don’t be discouraged by this.
6.get a net. You may need it to retrieve it when it gets up on the curtain rails.
7. Be mindful of open doors and windows .they like to fly away.
8. Get a friendly bird whisperer from your neighbor hood to baby sit when you are away
Well that’s all for now folks. I will be happy to receive your kind comments.