Getting more likes and follows seems to be the objective of blogging. I opened this blog account(hand friendly birds) with my daughter about a week ago to keep her away from Facebook and to teach her some new skills and I am surprised at how much more successful this blog is than my own blog. The following list sums up the reasons I think this blog is going so well.
- More use of pictures and less use of text. Most of the posts contain pictures.
2. Because I am writing the blog for someone else I am doing a better job of it. Think about doing a job for someone else. For example painting a wall. Would you take more care?
- This blog has lots of pictures of nature, animals and people that convey emotions.
- The blog has a focus. It is all about taming hand friendly birds and the animals that the children keep. It is also about blogging with my kids. That is a fairly narrow focus and crosses a lot of blog categories at the same time.
5. Write a blog post a day. I have been posting a minimum of once per day. So stay in touch with your blog. Don’t let it go stale.
6. Comment on other people’s blogs and write nice things about the blogs you like.
- Write catchy headlines. The above headline is an experiment in writing headlines. Some marketing material I read mentions the use of certain words that generate more interest in headlines, for example, 10 steps, how to, insider secrets and so on. So I am giving this a go with my ten steps headline. It is all just a try on.
8. Don’t over think it. Just get in there write it, post it and get out of the way. It doesn’t have to be perfect. With this blog I have been using the family camera around the birds and the family dog and just write about the first thing that comes to mind.
Well that’s about all for now. I will come up with number nine and ten another day. Let us know what you think with your nice comments and enjoy the blogosphere today.